Branislav Marić is the Managing Partner of the Belgrade office. He focuses on M&A and corporate, as well as on energy and project-related matters.
Branislav Marić is very hands on and is supported by a very strong team of associates.
Branislav Marić is the outstanding individual in the team, and his broad legal knowledge and expertise are extraordinary – he is very well regarded in the local legal community.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
M&A and Corporate
- NLB GROUP, the largest Slovenian bank and a leading bank in the ex-Yugoslavia region, on the acquisition of Komercijalna banka Beograd, the third largest bank in Serbia. This is the largest bank privatisation in Serbia to-date and our team also coordinated advice in five other jurisdictions in addition to Serbia.
- MASDAR, a global leader in renewable energy and sustainable urban development headquartered in Abu Dhabi, on the acquisition of a 49% share in Krnovo Green Energy from a subsidiary of Akuo Energy
- CTP Group on the acquisition of a 10,000 m2 logistics centre near the Serbian capital, Belgrade
- UPM SA, a Belgian courier service company, on the acquisition of Fitek Group’s Serbian, Bosnian, Slovak and Czech subsidiaries. Fitek Group is an Eastern European group of courier service companies.
Banking & Finance
- GOLDMAN SACHS LENDING PARTNERS, as the security agent, on establishing a collateral package in Serbia in relation to a USD 9 billion credit facility granted to a major international pharmaceutical group
- EXPORT-IMPORT BANK OF CHINA (CEXIM) on a financing of the construction of the heating pipeline construction project from Belgrade to Obrenovac, Serbia
- VOJVODJANSKA BANKA AD NOVI SAD on a multi-million EUR financing to the largest petroleum company in Serbia, Naftna industrija Srbije a.d. Novi Sad
- CHINA DEVELOPMENT BANK on a second long-term financing to Banka Poštanska Štedionica
- A PRIVATE EQUITY FIRM on the funding of the acquisition of a controlling stake in an Serbian IPTV business
- 2003: George Washington University Law School, Washington, USA, LL.M., International and Comparative Law Thomas Buergenthal Fellow
- 1998: University of Montenegro, Podgorica, Faculty of Law, LL.B.
- 1998: American University, Washington, USA, Legal Intern at The American Society of International Law, Certificate in Economic Policy and International Business
- 1992 – 1998: University of Novi Sad, Serbia, Faculty of Law, LL.B.
- Belgrade Bar Association
- New York Bar Association