Antonia Mavrova is a Partner in the Sofia office, the head of the local Real Estate, Construction & Planning services and the head of the firm-wide Automotive & Industrials sector.
She focuses on real estate investments and developments, real estate financing and acquisitions, project development, retail, logistics and office projects, as well as property management and lease agreements.
Antonia has also gained significant experience in real estate litigation.
Antonia Mavrova is extremely proficient in all legal aspects of the real estate market. She gives timely and commercially-driven advice, she is dedicated to her work and manages to deal with even the most complex situations.
I have been working with Antonia Mavrova who is well respected and knowledgeable of the market. Her fast reactions and constructive solutions are exceptional. A pleasure to work with, she is also very good with understanding the dynamics of the deals.
Special thanks to Antonia Mavrova and Atanas Mihaylov – exceptional professionals with unique approach and skills to navigate you through every situation, especially the tough ones.
A client praises her for 'providing thorough and accurate advice.'
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
Real Estate, Construction & Planning
- LION’S HEAD INVESTMENT, a joint venture between Old Mutual Property and AG Capital, on the largest office acquisition in Bulgaria, encompassing two major office complexes for a total of EUR 190 million as well as on their subsequent expansion through strategic real estate acquisitions
- CTP, a real estate developer of high tech business parks in Central and Eastern Europe, on the real estate and investment structuring aspects of their entry into the Bulgarian market through three parallel acquisitions of land plots in Sofia
- GLOBE TRADE CENTER (GTC), a subsidiary of Lone Star – a leading real estate investor, on all real estate aspects of their acquisition of sizeable land plots for the construction of two office complexes in Sofia as well as on negotiations of their long-term lease agreements with the World Bank and Commerzbank
- MARRIOTT and its subsidiary International Hotel Licensing Company on their entering the Bulgarian market, including on structuring of their local presence, analysis of the enforceability of Marriott’s agreement package, real estate due diligence of the asset and advice on permitting and spatial development
Automotive & Industrials
- A LEADING CONTAINERBOARD PAPER MANUFACTURER IN EUROPE on the establishment of a production facility in Bulgaria, in particular on real estate, zoning, planning, and construction aspects, as well as on investment incentives
- VISTEON ELECTRONICS BULGARIA, an automotive electronics supplier, on the negotiation of their long-term agreement for the leasing of Capital Ford office building in Sofia for the establishment of their Bulgarian technical centre of 900+ employees
- A TOP 30 GLOBAL AUTOMOTIVE SUPPLIER on a potential acquisition of the Bulgarian subsidiary of a leading automotive supplier
- CERBERUS EUROPEAN SERVICING on a commercial litigation for recovery of unpaid debts and subsequently for enforcement of mortgages and recovery of the proceeds, including legal representation in front of Bulgarian courts and enforcement officers
- NEPI ROCKCASTLE on a litigation strategy with respect to lease agreements between their Bulgarian subsidiaries – operators of two of the largest shopping centres in Bulgaria – and some of their key tenants
- AN INTEGRATED REAL ESTATE DEVELOPER on the possibility to apply force majeure clauses and postpone/extend loan payment obligations under a facility agreement which was affected by the COVID-19 anti-epidemic measures in Bulgaria due to issues with rent collection which threatened the timely servicing of the loan
- TRANSATLANTIC PETROLEUM LIMITED on a complex commercial dispute initiated by the Bulgarian State against the client related to oil and natural gas exploration and prospecting agreement; Kinstellar defended the client in three court instances all of which, including the Supreme Court of Cassation, rejected the claim of the State entirely
- P&S EAST GROWTH LUXEMBOURG SICAR, a provider of business valuation and financial advisory services, on enforcement of security documents, including representation before enforcement officers and before the arbitration court at the Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Sofia
- 1996 – 1997: Alliance Française, Diplôme Supérieure – littérature et études modernes
- 1992 – 1997: University St. Kliment Ohridski, Sofia, Bulgaria, Faculty of Law, LL.M.
Sofia Bar Association
Bulgarian, English, French