The team provides timely and comprehensive advice and is ideal for complex transactions. We were really impressed with the quality of work, support and understanding of the business.
Kinstellar has advised both EU and non-EU based clients on hundreds of foreign direct investment transactions in the C/SEE region in a wide variety of sectors, including on joint ventures and start-up “greenfield” inward investments, privatisations and acquisitions of strategic interests.
As most CEE jurisdictions have recently adopted or tightened rules regarding FDI screening, it is increasingly important to consider these restrictions from the perspective of the transaction structure as well as from the timing perspective.
Kinstellar’s experts have developed a number of effective solutions for market-leading companies, enabling them to optimise their business processes while meeting legislative requirements and market conditions.
What we do
- detailed multi-jurisdictional analysis of the FDI screening requirements, including due diligence
- negotiation of the relevant provisions of the acquisition documentation
- FDI screening filings and communication with the relevant public authorities
- deal structuring and other strategic planning
- negotiation of mitigation requirements
What sets us apart
- the combination of leading FDI screening, M&A, competition and regulatory practices
- one-stop shop for regulatory, merger control and FDI screening filings
- a fully coordinated, consistent and coherent approach throughout all jurisdictions concerned
- the ability to reflect local nuances that might be key to the success of the deal
- strong, long-standing relationships with the relevant public authorities give us in-depth knowledge of the local legal and political environments, benefitting our clients
Key contacts and News, Deals & Insights for this practice.