The lawyers really understand the business needs, offer good value for their services, and are commercial and solution oriented when addressing any potential issues.
We know how to develop and enhance effective, optimised and bespoke strategies for the management of intellectual property rights to enable our high-profile clients to maximise profit from their intellectual assets in the best possible manner. Our well-trained, specialised Intellectual Property team serves international and domestic clients across Emerging Europe, Turkey and Central Asia.
Our IP attorneys regularly counsel clients on a diverse range of issues and actions including copyrights, trademarks, patents and trade secrets; best practice before government agencies to secure those rights; negotiations for licenses, joint ventures, divestitures and similar business transactions to maximise the value of such property; rendering patent, trademark and copyright infringement opinions; securing interim injunctions and litigating to protect intellectual property; and handling arbitration, mediation and other litigation alternatives.
IP issues can require expertise in other areas of law such as M&A, anti-trust, contracts, privacy and litigation. We are adept at handling these types of complex, cross-practice matters in a seamless and coordinated way across all our jurisdictions.
Our work includes:
- utility models
- industrial designs
- transactional support
- domain names
- content regulation
- enforcement of IP rights
- IP portfolio management
Kinstellar offers significant experience in technology transactions, combining international work with a solid understanding of local business. We serve clients across a variety of sectors, and our mandates range from global transactions to innovative start-ups.
We assist clients in structuring cross-border transactions such as joint ventures and technology transfers, as well as in matters of daily business, such as service level agreements (SLAs) or software as a service (SaaS) agreements. We avoid providing non-specific answers with no added value; in contrast, we focus on understanding our clients’ businesses and provide practical advice that positively contributes to client operations. We are experienced in the introduction of new technologies on the market, helping clients overcome regulatory hurdles. We also assist in public procurements, offering experience in both preparing tenders as well as assisting clients in preparing bids and appealing on their behalf in the event that they are excluded from the process. Our clients include telecommunications companies, content providers, governmental bodies and new technologies providers.
Our work includes:
- full assistance with technology transactions, including buying and selling company shares, technology transfers and setting-up joint ventures
- intellectual property review and due diligence, trademark registration, domain names and designs, and patent registration support
- preparing licensing agreements
- advice on the legal and regulatory aspects of digital media
- software contracts, e.g., service level agreements (SLAs), support agreements (SMAs), implementation agreements
- support in structuring distribution network and related agreements
- structuring and contract negotiations for cloud computing
- preparation of technology tenders and support for public and private technology tenders
Key contacts and News, Deals & Insights for this practice.