Jan Lehký is a Counsel in the Prague office and the co-head of the firm-wide Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) service line.
With more than 15 years of experience, Jan focuses on a range of ESG and regulatory issues, with a focus on helping investors with ESG and governance strategies, navigating ESG transparency, ESG disclosures and reporting, environmental regulation, circular economy issues, ESG litigation risk, obligations and risk assessments. His expertise also includes structuring real estate transactions, such as acquisitions of real estate portfolios, construction law and permitting process during various stages of development, as well as advice on high-value, long-term lease agreements, title insurance, litigation, general commercial and contract law.
Jan has also gained extensive experience in litigation and arbitration, M&A and corporate, employment, and energy law.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
Real Estate, Construction & Planning
- NEXEN TIRE on the development of a EUR 850 million manufacturing plant, one of the largest greenfield investments in the Czech Republic
- SHAWMUT CORPORATION on the construction of an automotive plant in the Czech Republic and on the related permitting processes
- DELTA PROJEKTCONSULT on the construction, permitting and environmental aspects of the BMW Group Future Mobility Development Centre project, a test track for self-driving and electric cars near Sokolov in the Czech Republic
- CANPACK on the development of a can production plant on a brownfield site, including the acquisition of land, permitting process and construction in relation to the production facility, as well as environmental assistance in particular on the liability for the contaminated land, obtaining relevant operating analyses – IPPC, the implementation of an internal environmental regulation
- NET4GAS and its shareholders on the construction and development of the C4G (Capacity 4 Gas) gas interconnector connecting eastern and southern Germany, part of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline supply network
M&A and Corporate
- A FRENCH GLOBAL AUTOMOTIVE SUPPLIER on the sale and lease-back of the production plant in Pardubice, the Czech Republic
- INGERSOLL-RAND on the global spin-off of the company’s industrial unit and the subsequent merger with the industrial pump and compressor producer Gardner Denver, creating a company valued USD 15 billion
- 1996 – 2001: West Bohemian University, Plzeň, Faculty of Law, Master of Law (Mgr.)
- Czech Bar Association
- Head of the legislative working group of the Association for Foreign Investors (AFI)