Petar Kojdić is a Partner in the Belgrade office and the head of the firm’s Banking & Finance service line in Serbia.
Petar advises lenders and borrowers of all types on a wide range of cross-border and local finance transactions, including acquisition and leveraged finance, project finance, debt restructurings and re-financings as well as loan and portfolio sales transactions.
Petar also focuses on legal and regulatory advice related to structured finance, netting, derivatives, financial collateral, securitisation as well as repo and capital markets transactions. His work involves negotiating finance and hedging documents with various counterparties (banks and other financial institutions, funds, corporates and sovereign entities) and issuing netting, collateral and other legal opinions. Petar is an author of ISDA's netting opinion for Serbia.
What differentiates Petar Kojdić from many other lawyers on the market is his excellent knowledge of financial derivative regulations, and limitless creativity and ability to come up with plausible solutions when problems seem unresolvable.
Petar Kojdić is an exceptional addition to the team – he provides the group with an industry-leading position in terms of finance products and treasury-related products covered by ISDA agreements.
He is very smart, talented, very hard-working and pleasant.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING*
BANKING & FINANCE
- ERSTE GROUP BANK AG, as mandated lead arranger and lenders, on the structuring and implementation of a EUR 90 million loan facility to a major Serbian and regional agricultural conglomerate, MK Group – Sunoko
- ERSTE GROUP BANK AG on a EUR 30 million loan to Naftna industrija Srbije a.d. (NIS), one of the largest energy companies in Southeast Europe, owned by Gazprom Neft and the Government of Serbia
- OTP BANK on a EUR 65 million loan to Naftna industrija Srbije a.d. (NIS), one of the largest energy companies in Southeast Europe, owned by Gazprom Neft and the Government of Serbia
- VTB CAPITAL PLC on negotiating and implementing three commodities-backed loan transactions of EUR 70 million, EUR 60 million and EUR 7.9 million, respectively, to one of Serbia’s leading companies in the field of agro-industry
- INTERNATIONAL SWAPS AND DERIVATIVES ASSOCIATION (ISDA) AND ITS MEMBERS (UniCredit Bank, Societe Generale, Goldman Sachs, BNP Paribas, Banca Intesa, JP Morgan, Barclays, Eurobank, Erste Bank, Credit Suisse, Commerzbank, EBRD) on master agreements, netting, derivatives, financial collateral and repo transactions with various types of Serbian counterparties
RESTRUCTURING & INSOLVENCY
- CO-ORDINATOR AND THE CO-ORDINATION COMMITTEE OF SOME 70 FINANCING BANKS on the restructuring and refinancing of Mercator Group, the largest Slovenian corporate and the leading retail chain in South-eastern Europe / the Balkans, in relation to the Serbian, Montenegrin and Bosnian law aspects of the restructuring
- EUROBANK on financial restructuring under a pre-packed reorganisation plan prepared by the insolvency debtor and on the enforcement of its claims against borrowers, guarantors and other obligors in connection with bilateral and syndicated loans provided to Rudnap Group companies
- KRYS GLOBAL, in its capacity as joint dissolution trustee of Value Discovery Partners L.P., a USD 1 billion private equity fund, on the restructuring and sale of Danube Foods Group, owning controlling interest in the companies Knjaz Milos, Imlek, Mlekara Subotica and Bambi, all market leaders in the bottled water, dairy and confectionery industries
- SBERBANK OF RUSSIA and several of its branch offices and subsidiaries in the region on a multifaceted mandate regarding its over EUR 1 billion exposure to the Croatian food and retail giant Agrokor
- BANCA INTESA on the sale of a portfolio of NPLs with a face value of more than EUR 120 million in Serbia
- BANK OF CYPRUS on the successful restructuring of over EUR 50 million receivables it had against Marfin Bank in Serbia and on the sale of NPLs and repossessed assets in Serbia
- PIRAEUS BANK on the sale of a corporate NPL portfolio totalling EUR 43 million in Serbia
- HETA ASSET RESOLUTION (previously Hypo Alpe-Adria-Bank International AG) and its affiliates on the tender sale of an over EUR 300 million portfolio of NPLs and repossessed real estate in Serbia
- NOVA KBM on the carve-out of EUR 35 million NPLs and a repossessed assets portfolio of its subsidiary KBM Banka, through true and synthetic sales in Serbia
*Experience prior to joining Kinstellar
- 2012: Central European University, Budapest, LL.M. in International Business Law
- 2008: University of Belgrade, Serbia, Faculty of Law, LL.B.
Serbian Bar Association