Csilla Andrékó is a Partner in the Budapest office.
She is a specialist in project and property and acquisition finance, restructuring and insolvency matters, PPP/PFI finance, Hungarian and international banking and syndicated lending, and has broad experience in structured trade finance, MTN programmes, and bond and securities issues.
Besides her mainstream banking practice, Csilla leads the Hungarian Compliance, Risk & Sensitive Investigations team. She has been involved in numerous internal investigations across a number of sectors, including energy, retail and pharmaceutical in relation to risk assessment of operations and white-collar crimes, such as bribery, fraud and money laundering.
Csilla Andrékó is one of the top-ranked Hungarian lawyers in both banking and finance and capital markets mandates. One client enthuses that 'she is very approachable, responsive and ready with a solution', while another appreciates that 'she is devoted to representing the clients and fights for all issues until the last moment'. She has a broad field of expertise advising on bond and share offerings, as well as project and acquisition finance mandates.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
Banking & Finance
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the financing of the development of five various photovoltaic power plant projects in Hungary
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the financing to MET Hungary for the construction, testing and operation of MET Dunai Solar Park, a 17.6 MWp (AC) solar power plant in Hungary
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the HUF 1.3 billion financing of the development of a greenfield 4 MWp photovoltaic power plant project in Hungary to be developed by two SPV project companies owned by ALTEO Energiaszolgáltató
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the financing of a 100 MWp Hungarian photovoltaic power plant project to be developed by two Hungarian project companies sponsored by Chinese investors
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the financing of a photovoltaic project construction comprising 22 solar power plants in Barcs, Hungary developed by DMJ Management Solutions
- CONFIDENTIAL CLIENTS on the co-financing of a photovoltaic power plant located in Hungary with an aggregated 28.1 MWp DC capacity, including a complex due diligence covering energy regulatory, corporate and real estate matters
- CONFIDENTIAL CLIENTS, as initial purchasers, on the issue of the 144A EUR 450 million notes due 2025 and EUR 400 million notes due 2028 by RCS&RDS S.A. as issuer, secured on a senior secured basis by Digi Hungary and Invitel as guarantors
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT, as lead manager / underwriter, on the issuance of CRR compliant Tier 2 Eurobonds by OTP Bank. This was a benchmark offering, the first Tier 2 in Eurobonds by a Hungarian issuer
- CONFIDENTIAL CLIENTS on a proposed Reg S/Rule 144A high-yield secured bond transaction for an international healthcare products manufacturer and distributor
Restructuring & Insolvency
- CONFIDENTIAL CLIENTS on the Hungarian, Romanian and Slovak implications of the EUR 12 billion debt-restructuring arrangement of the Schaeffler Group, a leading German ball-bearings producer, in the context of its takeover of Continental, a leading auto-parts manufacturer
- CONFIDENTIAL CLIENTS as lenders, and Bayerische Landesbank as security agents, on the refinancing as well as on the corporate and debt restructuring of Budapest Airport
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on a EUR 335 million credit facility for refinancing of existing loans and providing a CAPEX credit line for the WestEnd City Center shopping mall in Budapest
- 1993 – 1994: University College London, UK, LL.M. in International Business Law (with merit)
- 1988 – 1993: University Eötvös Loránd, Budapest, Hungary, Faculty of Law, LL.B., Bachelor of Law
- Budapest Bar Association
- Registered Foreign Adviser of the Law Society of England and Wales
Hungarian, English, Italian