Victor Constantinescu is the Managing Partner of the Bucharest office and the co-head of the firm-wide Real Estate sector.
With almost 20 years’ experience in real estate focusing on Romania and the wider SEE region, Victor represents an array of international real estate funds and other real estate players across all sectors.
Victor has built a reputation for efficiency and a "no-nonsense" approach in organizing and closing transactions in the billions of EUR over his career and for building long-term relationships – skills that have earned him recognition as a top real estate practitioner for years in a row by major legal guides.
A Canada-born, native English speaker, he began his career in the United States.
Victor Constantinescu is very approachable and easy to engage in any project. His deep knowledge of the industry is what recommends him best.
Leading understanding and application of law coupled with transactional experience.
Victor Constantinescu is very hands-on, provides very good advice, has a lot of experience and knows how to handle any problems.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- S IMMO AG, a leading Vienna-listed real estate investor and developer, on the acquisition of EXPO Business Park, a three-building office complex in Bucharest, Romania, from Portland Trust – the largest office transaction in Romania to date – 2022, and previously on the EUR 97 million acquisition of two Bucharest Class A office buildings in the “Campus” complex (Campus 6.2 and Campus 6.3), from the leading developer Skanska – one of the largest transactions in Romania in 2020
- ADVAL ASSET MANAGEMENT, the successor entity to Dinu Patriciu Global Properties, on the sale of Băneasa Business Center located in northern Bucharest, having a surface of approx.. 10,000 sqm., 9 floors and 132 parking spaces, to Hungarian property investment company Indotek
- CROMWELL PROPERTY GROUP, a leading real estate fund manager and investor, on the sale of A1 Bucharest Park on behalf of the Central European Industrial Fund (CEIF) to CEE logistics developer and owner, CTP, in one of the largest transactions on the Romanian logistics market
- A joint venture of the London-based RESOLUTION PROPERTY, a major property fund part of the Chinese conglomerate, Fosun, and ZEUS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, a leading international real estate investment and asset management firm, on the successful acquisition of Floreasca Park (Bucharest) in one of the largest office transactions in Romania in 2020 with a total value exceeding EUR 100 million
- IDEAL PROJECTS, a joint venture between the Vetimex and Mirus groups, on the negotiation, signing, closing and refinancing of the Cluj-based Vivido, Advancity, and Cube office projects in the largest office acquisition outside Bucharest in Romania in 2020 with a total value exceeding EUR 30 million
- OLD MUTUAL PROPERTY and LION’S HEAD INVESTMENTS as lead counsel to the joint venture between the property division of the largest insurance company in South Africa and a leading Bulgarian real estate conglomerate (AG Capital), on the formation of the joint venture and subsequent acquisition of Oregon Park, one of the largest office transactions in Romania in 2017-2018, from its developer seller, Portland Trust
- 2001: McGill University, Montreal, Canada, LL.B. (Common Law) and B.C.L. (Civil Law)
- 2001: University of Toronto, Canada, Russian and East European Studies, M.A.
- 1996: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA, B.A.
- New York Bar
- Bucharest Bar (admitted as foreign attorney)
English (native), Romanian
- Author of numerous articles in various industry publications as well as a frequent speaker at industry conferences, both national and regional