Diana Dimova is the Managing Partner of the Sofia office, the head of the local M&A, Corporate & Private Equity services and the co-head of the firm-wide Financial Institutions (transactional) sector.
Diana has advised numerous international companies on their market entry in Bulgaria and has extensive experience in M&A, corporate, private equity, energy and natural resources, as well as in infrastructure and projects.
Diana is a problem solver and is very service-oriented. With unrivalled legal expertise, she combines a commercially astute and pragmatic mindset, making her one of the very best lawyers in the market.
She is very responsive and knowledgeable about corporate governance in Bulgaria.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- KBC BANK on several acquisitions of financial institutions in Bulgaria: (i) the EUR 1,015 million acquisition of Raiffeisenbank Bulgaria from Raiffeisen Bank International (the largest transaction in the Bulgarian banking sector to date); (ii) the EUR 77.7 million acquisition of NN’s pension insurance and life insurance businesses in Bulgaria (one of the largest deals in the domestic insurance sector); (iii) the EUR 610 million acquisition of United Bulgarian Bank (UBB) and Interlease leasing company in Bulgaria from the National Bank of Greece
- TAWAL on the acquisition of the telecommunications tower assets of United Group B.V., consisting of more than 4,800 towers across Bulgaria, Croatia and Slovenia, for EUR 1.2 billion
- UNITED BULGARIAN BANK on its merger with CIBANK and providing full-scope assistance with the transaction, structuring, TUPE-like transfer of over 2,500 employees, and merger approval
- MERIDIAM, a French infrastructure investment fund, on the Bulgarian legal aspects of their winning bid in the tender for the 35-year concession of Sofia Airport valued at EUR 4.3 billion (the largest public-private partnership project in Bulgaria in recent years)
- KIN+CARTA, a global digital transformation consultancy and a B Corp company, on its acquisition of Bulgarian award-winning software development company Melon Group together with its subsidiaries in North Macedonia and Kosovo
- A FRENCH DEVELOPER OF RENEWABLE ENERGY POWER PLANTS on an intended acquisition of a large photovoltaic power plant project in Bulgaria as well as on the acquisition of the Bulgarian subsidiaries of a global renewable energy company which owns and operates wind farm projects
- 2009: The College of Law, London, UK, Practice Diploma in International M&A
- 2005 – 2006: King’s College London, UK, PG Diploma in EU Law
- 1997 – 2002: University St. Kliment Ohridski, Sofia, Bulgaria, Faculty of Law, LL.M.
- Sofia Bar Association
- International Bar Association