Jan Juroška is a Partner in the Prague office, the head of the local and the co-head of the firm-wide M&A, Corporate and Private Equity service line. He has a particular focus on private equity and corporate finance.
It is always a pleasure to work with Jan Juroška. He has a strong understanding of commercial objectives and gets straight to the heart of the matter. He has a good understanding of the Czech business and legal environment that makes him helpful in finding concrete solutions in complex situations.
We would like to mention Jan Juroška and Martin Holub. Jan for staying completely on top of a huge array of moving parts with a complex acquisition, to the point where it sometimes felt that Jan was leading the transaction for us as a client, but with full confidence from us that all was in perfect control – this feeling was always justified.
One client says: 'He knows the business needs of the clients and is very solution-oriented and target-oriented'.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
M&A and Corporate
- CANAL+ GROUP on the acquisition of M7 Group, one of the largest independent pay-TV operators in Europe
- MORNINGTON CAPITAL on the sale of The Don Giovanni Hotel in Prague to Wenaasgruppen
- PORTIVA on the acquisition of a retail centre in Ivančice and Central Kladno Shopping Mall
- STAR CAPITAL INVESTMENTS on the acquisition of Lighthouse Towers in Prague’s Holešovice, a grade A office building, and on the sale of the Haná Olomouc retail centre to Czech Real Estate Investment Fund
- APPLOVIN CORPORATION, a US mobile game specialist and the world's third largest mobile advertising network operator after Google and Facebook, on the acquisition of Geewa
- NOVAVAX on the acquisition of Praha Vaccines from the Cyrus Poonawalla Group
- OMERS INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT and ALLIANZ CAPITAL PARTNERS on the complex corporate law issues (extensive due diligence, negotiating share purchase agreement and shareholders agreement) in connection with the acquisition of the Czech Transmission System Operator - Net4Gas
- TRELLEBORG, a Swedish industrial giant, on the USD 1.25 billion acquisition of ČGS Holding, a leading supplier of specialty tyres and engineered polymer solutions, and its subsidiary Mitas
- GLP, a leading global investment manager and business builder in logistics, real estate, infrastructure, finance and related technologies, on an agreement to acquire Goodman Group’s Central and Eastern Europe logistics portfolio, subject to regulatory approvals
- GENESIS PRIVATE EQUITY FUND III (GPEF III) on the acquisition of a majority stake in the Hungarian 11 Entertainment group; the group operates indoor amusement parks in Hungary, including trampoline centres, playgrounds and laser games
- GENESIS PRIVATE EQUITY FUND II (GPEF II) on the sale of its majority stake in KS Klima-Service
- GENESIS PRIVATE EQUITY FUND III (GPEF III) on the acquisition of the largest operator of contact centres in the Czech Republic, Conectar, from Karel Komárek's KKCG investment group
- B2 KAPITAL on the acquisition of a EUR 119 million unsecured retail NPL portfolio from Moneta Money Bank; advising on the bidding process and negotiation of the loan, sale and purchase agreement, servicing agreement and other transaction agreements
- A CONSORTIUM OF PRIVATE EQUITY FUNDS on the acquisition of breweries in CEE
- TA ASSOCIATES on the acquisition of minority shareholding in W.A.G. payment solutions (Eurowag), including due diligence and negotiation of all transaction documents; Eurowag is the biggest independent issuer of fleet cards in Central & Eastern Europe and the overall number two in terms of market share
- MORGAN STANLEY and UBS on a GBP 2.8 billion IPO of Avast Software, an industry-leading maker of the most trusted security software in the world, on structuring the deal, due diligence and advising on the prospectus and various regulatory matters
- CITIGROUP, GOLDMAN SACHS and JPMORGAN CHASE on the biggest IPO in Central and Eastern Europe (since 2011) of Moneta Money Bank, the banking business of GE Capital, in the Czech Republic
- 2005 – 2006: Kent College of Law, Chicago, USA, LL.M.
- 2000 – 2005: Palacký University, Olomouc, Czech Republic, Faculty of Law, Master of Law (Mgr.)
Czech Bar Association