Tomáš Melišek is a Counsel in the Bratislava office and the head of the local Banking, Finance & Capital Markets practice. He focuses on banking, finance & capital markets, M&A and corporate, as well as on real estate.
Tomáš Melišek has a thorough understanding of our commercial needs combined with creativity and excellent legal knowledge.
Tomáš Melišek has very good understanding of banking M&A and delivers many pragmatic solutions based on the client’s needs.
Depth of knowledge, communication skills, reliability.
One client praises him for his 'depth of knowledge, communication skills and reliability'.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
Banking, finance & capital markets
- GLP, a global investment management company specialising in logistics, technology investments, real estate, and private equity funds, on acquisition financing provided by a syndicate of foreign banks in relation to the acquisition of Goodman's CEE logistics business in the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary
- A MAJOR SLOVAK BANK on an up to EUR 86 million acquisition and development financing in relation to the construction of a large office building in Bratislava city centre
- TATRA BANKA, as agent of a club of banks, on additional financing to TATRAVAGONKA, a European leader in wagon manufacturing, related to the acquisition of a Croatian company TŽV Gredelj
- A SYNDICATE OF INTERNATIONAL BANKS led by UniCredit Bank and including Tatra banka, ČSOB and HYPO-BANK Burgenland on a EUR 175 million club loan provided to HB Reavis for the construction of Nivy Station (Stanica Nivy), in Bratislava
- UNICREDIT BANK on the refinancing of the largest group of photovoltaic power plants in Slovakia
Corporate and M&A
- UNION POISŤOVŇA on all legal aspects of the acquisition of the insurance company Poštová poisťovňa from its current owners, Poštová banka and Slovenská pošta
- OTP BANK, a Hungary-based regional financial group, on all aspects of the sale of its 99.44% shares in its Slovak operations to the Belgian KBC Group
- GLP, a leading global investment manager in logistics, real estate, infrastructure, finance and related technologies, on an agreement to acquire Goodman Group’s Central and Eastern Europe logistics portfolio
- E.ON on the sale of a state-of-the art CCGT power plant to the regional power producer and distributor Západoslovenská energetika (ZSE), in which the Slovak state holds a 51% stake
- NIDEC CORPORATION on the Slovak law aspects of the US$1.08 billion acquisition of Embraco business from Whirlpool
Real estate, Construction & Planning
- ACCOLADE GROUP on potential acquisition of a greenfield project in Western Slovakia for the purposes of development and construction of a logistics centre
- OTP GROUP COMPANIES on the sale of their shares in OTP Buildings, a company holding office properties across Slovakia
- UNION INVESTMENTS and GARBE INDUSTRIAL REAL ESTATE, one of the leading specialists in logistics and industrial properties in Germany and Europe, on their acquisition of the first logistics property for their “UII Garbe Logistik Fonds” investment fund from Karimpol Group
- REDSIDE on the EUR 90 million acquisition and related financing of Trenčín Industrial Park, the largest industrial building in Slovakia from AU Optronics
- WOOD & COMPANY, the leading investment bank in Emerging Europe, on the acquisition of the Lakeside Park office complex in Bratislava
- 2011: Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia, Faculty of Law, Doctor of Law (JUDr.)
- 2003 – 2008: Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia, Faculty of Law, Master of Law (Mgr.)
Slovak Bar Association
Slovak, English, Hungarian
- Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers in Slovak Republic, Second Edition, Wolters Kluwer, 2022 (co-author)
- Banking & Finance. Všeobecná prax, C. H. Beck, 2021 (co-author)
- Banking & Finance. Prax jednotlivých druhov financovania, C. H. Beck, 2021 (co-author)
- Inovácie a trendy v M&A. Praktická príručka, C. H. Beck, 2020 (co-author)