Magdalena Raducanu, Special Counsel in our Bucharest office, leads the local Banking and Finance practice.
She has more than 22-year experience in advising reputable banks and financial institutions or well-known borrowers on banking and finance matters.
She has expertise in a broad range of matters after having dedicated her focus exclusively to banking and finance and financial regulatory matters. Lately, she has dedicated significant efforts in assisting banks on various ESG-related mandates.
Since joining our office’s local banking practice, Magdalena has advised or coordinated banking mandates in the amount of EUR 4 billion.
Magdalena Raducanu has experience acting for lenders on a variety of financing matters related to the real estate, oil and chemical industries, advising on acquisition finance, development finance and amendments to credit facilities. She also assists with complex debt restructurings.
They [Kinstellar] are very responsive and friendly, especially Magdalena Raducanu. They communicate clearly regarding timing and meet deadlines.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
Banking & Finance
- BRD-GROUPE SOCIETE GENERALE on the financing of two real estate buildings developed by the Belgian property developer Speedwell that meet the criteria for sustainable “green” construction
- S IMMO AG, the leading Vienna-listed real estate investor and developer, on the successful closing of a real estate financing of approximately EUR 55 million granted by Erste Group Bank AG for the future acquisition of EXPO Business Park (three office buildings located in the north part of Bucharest)
- A LARGE MULTILATERAL FINANCIAL INSTITUTION on a sustainable financing granted to a local borrower for purpose of financing investments in about 2,200 ha of forests in Romania
- A CONSORTIUM OF LEADING BANKS on a EUR 500 million senior facility agreement granted to Romanian telecommunications service provider RCS & RDS
- A CONSORTIUM OF CONFIDENTIAL BANKS on the Romanian law aspects under a cross-border EUR 450 million multi-currency revolving loan facility and term loan facility granted to the subsidiaries of La Lorraine Bakery Group, the Belgian milling and bakery producer
- A RENOWNED IMPORTER AND DISTRIBUTOR OF AUTOMOTIVE SPARE PARTS on the Romanian law aspects of an up to USD 560 million refinancing deal granted for the purpose of refinancing existing financial indebtedness
- A CONSORTIUM OF CONFIDENTIAL BANKS on various iterations of credit facilities agreements entered into with CANPACK (a Polish joint-stock company) and certain other group companies, including CAN-PACK Romania
- A CONFIDENTIAL COMPANY PROVIDING MOBILITY SERVICES THROUGHOUT EUROPE and its Romanian subsidiary on the EUR 530 million syndicated loan and the security package granted in connection thereto
- THE LEADING POLISH FOOTWEAR MANUFACTURER and various of its CEE subsidiaries on a EUR 190 million senior facilities agreement with our Bucharest office coordinating all other jurisdictions
- A GERMAN AUTOMOTIVE SUPPLIER on the Romanian law aspects regarding the EUR 1 billion syndicated facilities, as well as on structuring and implementing the security package created therein
- CONFIDENTIAL RENOWNED BANKS, as lenders, in connection with a EUR 75 million bank-to-bank unsecured financing granted to a top tier Romanian bank
- CONFIDENTIAL MULTILATERAL FINANCIAL INSTITUTION on the local law aspects regarding its EUR 50 million loan to a state-owned Romanian bank for purpose of sub-lending to SMEs on Romanian market
- 1995 – 1999: University of Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Law, Bachelor of Law
- Romanian Union of Lawyers
- Bucharest Bar Association