Catalin Roman is a Senior Associate in the Bucharest office. He focuses on employment & labour law, but his practice also covers dispute resolution.
Catalin is a veteran in providing employment support to multinationals in Romania: advising on all aspects of labour-related matters including hiring, dismissals, internal policies and compliance, as well as disputes. He is a regular contributor to various international and local publications and often serves as speaker in specialised conferences.
His practice likewise covers dispute resolution matters, having assisted and represented clients in front of Romanian courts of law in a wide range of employment matters (as well as civil and administrative).
Prior to joining Kinstellar, Catalin was the coordinator of the employment practice at the local office of a leading German law firm.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
EMPLOYMENT & LABOUR LAW
- AN INTERNATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES AND RELATED PRODUCTS PROVIDER on a business transfer agreement, involving complex legal matters in 15+ jurisdictions*
- A MAJOR EUROPEAN CHAIN OF DEPARTMENT STORES on day to day employment matters and collective bargaining agreement negotiations*
- THE BIGGEST MANUFACTURER OF COMPLEX INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT IN ROMANIA, a part of a multinational conglomerate corporation, in collective redundancies involving complex negotiations with a major national trade union*
- AN INTERNATIONAL TRANSPORTATION E-PLATFORM PROVIDER in administrative law proceedings regarding the annulment of the Resolution of the Municipality on the amendment of the taxi regulations
- A MAJOR EUROPEAN BANK in commercial law proceedings in front of the courts of law regarding payment instruments
- ONE OF THE WORLD’S LEADING SUPPLIER OF WIRE DRAWING MACHINES AND DRAWING LINES FOR THE WIRE AND CABLE INDUSTRY acting as creditor in insolvency proceedings regarding a claim held against a Romanian cable manufacturer*
*experience prior to joining Kinstellar
- 2010 – 2011: University of Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Law, Master of Law (Employment law, employment and industrial relationships)
- 2006 – 2010: University of Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Law, Bachelor of Law
- Romanian Union of Lawyers
- Bucharest Bar Association
- Employment Law Romania Chapter, Littler Mendelson, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- The Internship Law no. 176/2018 comes into force, Avocati Experti, Finmedia, 2018