May 2021 – Kinstellar has successfully advised Venus Airport Holdings B.V. on the sale of 100% of the share capital of International Airport Almaty JSC to entities representing a consortium of TAV Airports, a member of Groupe ADP, and VPE Capital.
The share transfer of Almaty Airport to the consortium took place on 29 April 2021.
TAV is now 85% beneficial owner of Almaty Airport and associated fuel and catering businesses, and Kazakhstan Infrastructure Fund, managed by VPE Capital and backed by Kazyna Capital Management, holds the remaining 15% stake.
First opened in 1935, Almaty is the busiest hub in Central Asia. The airport has two runways. Located in the southeast of the country and an important stop on the ancient Silk Road, today Almaty is a strategical junction along the “One Belt One Road” project, connecting China-Central to West Asia, Europe and Africa.
Kinstellar’s team was led by Adlet Yerkinbayev, Partner in the firm’s Almaty office, assisted by Senior Associates Kuanysh Shekerbekov, Assel Mussina and Yerlan Akhmetov, and by Associate Valeriya Khan.
For more information please contact Adlet Yerkinbayev, Partner, at .